Thursday, July 28, 2005

Driving in the summer

It took me a long while to get used to driving years ago because I was so nervous while learning to drive. I am still not thrilled by driving, but playing cd's in your vehicle makes driving much more bearable. Driving in the Summer is actually something I really enjoy overall. I have to drive about 45 minutes one way to work so my cd player is a huge help. Having the window down while driving and listening to metal is a great feeling for an old geezer like me. The other night I had to go to work late at night for a special event and listening to Mercyful Fate's Don't break the oath and the very non-metal The good, the bad and the ugly soundtrack made the trip to and from work not too bad. No other season provides that feeling you have while driving and listening to something you like. So turn it up and put down the window (or turn on the A/C if you don't want to sweat through your shirt like I do) and enjoy the last month or so of Summer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Driving with the windows down always makes me think of high school. I had a really awful car with no air, so having the windows down was the only way to go. I can remember many fun times crusing around with friends listening to music. My absolute favorite "roll-down your window summer album" has got to be Aerosmith's Greatest Hits!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home