Monday, January 02, 2006

Blog name

I cannot believe that I have been doing this blog for over six months now because it has flown by. I wanted to share with you a little of the preparation in took in getting this blog going. The biggest thing was the name of the blog, what should it be called? Here are some of the ideas I toyed with and why I didn't use them.

The flying V and me- Sort of metal, but mainly only people named Schenker play the flying V so it is limiting.

The house of the hairless- That does describe me, but doesn't sound too metal-like.

Metal Mark's maniac metalrama- Doesn't flow all that well.

Go, blog, go- Cool name, but it has nothing to do with metal and probably like 100 other people thought of it already.

The good, the bad and Ugly Kid Joe- Getting warmer and includes a hard rock band. However they were more a 90's hard rock band and my blog is centered more around the 80's.

Disco Time Machine- Part of it sounded good, but the wrong kind of music.

Then lead to me finally deciding on the current name. Actually I am just kidding, I always knew it was going to be called the Heavy Metal Time Machine. My inspiration came from Overkill's cover of the Dead Boy's Sonic Reducer which mentions a time machine and I always wished that there was a device that could take me back when the metal I loved was still going strong. Now this blog allows me to write about it and the metal scene today is certainly far better than it was in the mid to late 90's.

3 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

That's cool. In the late 80's to mid-90's I used to go a store called Recordsmith. It was a great independent record store that sold a lot of used cds. They also had on the side of the building, a piece of artwork done with nine very warped albums painted in assorted neon colors mounted on a large piece of wood. My friends and I had a ritual where we had to touch our favorite neon album before going inside.

5:14 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

I agree with Ben -- you picked one hell of a name. Ugly Kid Joe just wasn't good enough to mention in your title. You have a great niche, and the name fits it well.

-- david

4:45 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Thank you, David. I agree about Ugly Kid Joe, they were a joke band and a mediocre one at that. I did start this blog partially at the urging of some friends who were all blogging in the summer. Now I think all of them have been busy with other activities and sadly have not posted in a while.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home