Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Current playlist

Here is an easy one for me to write, but I just wanted to share what I am currently listening to and there are descriptions for ones that you may not be familiar with. These are probably the ten albums I have been listening to the most over say the last two or three weeks.

Witchcraft- Firewood
Great early 70's metal style album.

Tigertailz-Original Sin
Lost demos by great glam band from Wales.

Deep Purple- Machine Head: Anniversary 2 cd set

Motorhead- Inferno
Maybe their best album since Bastards.

Iron Maiden- Killers
I may be in a small group of people who really just love this album.

Sheavy- Republic
Not sure if it's that great, but it has interested me enough to listen to it a lot. I may review this soon.

Razzle Dazzle- What the hell?
Italian glam band that sound kind of like early Motley Crue. Unfortunately their new album kind of blows.

Overkill- Horrorscope
My favorite Overkill album and one of the best albums of 1991.

Tigertailz- Bezerk
This 1990 album was re-issued in the fall. I don't like their second singer as much, but I like these guys a lot. Shades of Poison, Van Halen, Cheap Trick but they have heavier elements as well.

Star Star - Lovedrag Years
A real find for $2.99 from the bargain bin. This 1992 album sounds like Faster Pussycat meets Hanoi Rocks. Good stripped down glam metal.

What are you currently listening to?

10 Comments:

Blogger Phantasmak said...

Joe Lynn Turner - The Usual Suspects
Giant - Time to Burn
Riot - Narita
Running Wild - Rogues en Vogue
Tyketto - Don't Come Easy
Thunder - Backstreet Symphony
Raw Silk - Silk Under the Skin

5:53 AM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

Oh man, Machine Head is a killer cd(s).
It's been a long time since I bought any cds, so I'm kinda stuck on Disturbed's Believe and all my Queensryche cds.

8:24 AM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

I also love Killers. I'm curious about the expanded Machine Head--most of those "extra-material" discs disappoint me with the sub-par bonus tracks.

Here are the last fifteen songs that came up in my iPod shuffle (yes, it included some that I'm pretty sure you won't like):

1. Black Sabbath, Solitude
2. Peter Gabriel, Moribund the Burgermeister
3. Velvet Revolver, Headspace
4. Led Zeppelin, The Rover
5. Duran Duran, Rio
6. Annihilator, Stonewall
7. The Police, Miss Gradenko
8. Judas Priest, Sinner
9. Angel Witch, Sorcerers
10. Genesis, Dusk
11. Slayer, War Ensemble
12. The Doors, Break on Through
13. Spinal Tap, Hell Hole
14. Guns N' Roses, Breakdown
15. Dokken, Just Got Lucky

I suppose you'd probably purge about half my iPod.

-- david

8:45 AM  
Blogger T-_Bone said...

King Diamond - Abigail
Rush - Hold Your Fire
Sculptured - Apollo Ends

9:15 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Some cool stuff and some stuff I have never heard before.

phantasmak- My friend Ray has interviewed Joe Lynn Turner several times and speaks highly of him.
whtfucover- Star Star are really good. That's a good Overkill album. They are coming around here soon.
Bruce- I buy way too many cds.
David- Only the Genesis/Peter Gabriel stuff would not be up my alley. Stonewall is a cool song, Annihilator's first two albums were their best by far.
T-bone- I was listening to Abigail just the other week.
Ben- Machine is a killer. I enjoy reading your reviews immensely even if some of the music is not up my alley.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

I cant remember the last time I listened to a "Whole" album in one go .I suppose thats the beauty of having your PC full of Mp3's you just put on random playlists.
At this precise moment its Jeff Buckley -Hallelujah Heh not to your taste I am sure.The track before that was Bowie- Life on mars.
=)

6:05 PM  
Blogger Strutter71 said...

Since I got Sirius Satellite radio last month, I've had that on pretty much non-stop. I did get the new Darkness and The Beatles' "Rubber Soul" for Christmas and have listened to those.

Mark- I love Overkill's "Horrorscope." Bobby Blitz used to live in the same town as me and would often come into the convenience store where I worked (this is going WAY back). Super nice guy. Smoked True Blue cigarettes.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

This has been a good and easy topic. I might have to do one of these say every couple of months to see what people are listening to.

9:20 PM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

The local radio scene is about 5 years behind the times, and there's only one rock station, so I have to listen to stations online to hear a lot of the music I like. Either that or listen to one of the music channels on my cable. That's one of the many drawbacks about living where I do, and as a result, a lot of the cds I have are artists who get little or no airplay here.

9:21 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I don't know why but I have been listening to the Queen of the Dead soundtrack for about a month straight at work.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home