Tuesday, April 18, 2006

200th post and a few questions

This is a special post as it is number 200. I don't mean to be tooting my own horn, but actually I am just glad that I have kept this blog going. It is time consuming, but it's fun and it helps me to think more about my opinions on the music I love. Here are some simple and hopefully not too painful questions for you. Some are about music and some about things that are sometimes associated with people that like hard rock and metal.

1)Are your ears pierced?
2)Do you have any other part of your body pierced?
3)Do you have any tattoos?
4)Have you ever had long hair? (use your own standard for what long hair is)
5)Have you ever had your head shaved?
6)Have you ever thrown up at a concert?
7)Have you ever caught a pick or a drumstick at a concert?
8)Do you own any Winger CD's?
9)Do you own any Stryper CD's?
10)Do you own any Warrant CD's?

Reunion Question: You get front row seats and the band of your choice will reunite for this one show only, who do you pick? (they have to be alive, no raising the dead for this one)

My answers
1)Yes, two in the left and one in right. I have not worn earrings in ten years.
2)No way
3)No, but I seriously considered getting one when I was 18.
4)Yes, until it started to fall out.
5)Yes, courtesy of the US Army.
6)Yes, but not for the reason you are probably thinking of.
7)No, but my friend next to me caught a Brad Whitford pick when we saw Aerosmith.
8)No
9)No
10)Guilty

Reunion: I would say that I want a Rainbow reunion. I would like the Rising line-up, but Cozy Powell is no longer with us. So a line-up with Ronnie James Dio, Ritchie Blackmore, Jimmy Bain and I am guessing Tony Carey is still around and if not then Don Airey could be on keyboards and maybe Bobby Rondinelli on drums.

Thanks for reading my blog. I hope I can come with enough topics for another 100 posts and I will keep working on improving my writing.

18 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

1. No
2. No
3. No (wow, I suck)
4. Yes.......80's mullet. I could only wish I had that much hair now.
5. No, but my wife wants me to.
6. Yes. More than once.
7. Yes, a glow in the dark Slaughter pick.
8. Yes. The first one on tape.
9. No.
10. No.

Reunion - This sucks because I want to say Alice in Chains, but Lane is dead. I guess I'll say Pink Floyd with Roger Waters.

5:46 AM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:29 AM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

No to every yes/no question; shoulder length back in the mid-70's.

My favorite band(s) is/are still touring, so I'll have to go with Rainbow, also.

And fred...I posted on my blog(http://itsmylifedammit.wordpress.com/ )that AIC has chosen Comes With The Fall's William DuVall as their new singer.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Strutter71 said...

1. No
2. No
3. No
4. REALLY long at its peak...down to my waist
5. I keep it shaved now. Was starting to lose it, anyway
6. No
7. I got Ace Frehley's pick when KISS played the MTV VMAs in '96 under the Brooklyn Bridge.
8. No, but I did have their first two releases on cassette back in the day.
9. Same as above, but ALL of them, not just the first two
10. I have their "Best Of" CD.

REUNION: I could be really boring and go with KISS, but it's only been a few years since they were all together and I saw them a bunch of times...so I'll go with Saigon Kick. A really great underrated band who I never saw live.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Strutter-I had thought of reviewing Saigon Kick's The Lizard some time in the near future.

6:43 AM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Big time congrats on keeping this thing going. I worry about your pace ... but you're handling it fine as far as we can tell!

I'm with Fred on this: Genesis with Gabriel and Hackett takes the cake. All others are distant contenders, though Rainbow and Saigon Kick are good nominees.

In the metal realm, I wouldn't mind seeing early Depp Purple back together again ... deaths get in the way of so many good ideas for metal reunions!

-- david

7:45 AM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

And as I revealed on my site a while back, under this Halloween costume of The Crow's Eric Draven is a shaved head, which has been that way for years. I wouldn't have it any other way.

-- david

7:46 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

David- Thanks. I enjoy doing this, I just sometimes need to concentrate on improving my writing instead of just putting something down for the sake of putting something down. Next week might be a light week because the following week I plan on doing Iron Maiden week and may have to be writing early for that. I defintely want to make it to the end of the year so I can do my top ten albums of 1986. That was a very fun project last year even though very few people were reading my blog back then.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Sgt. Fluffy- I saw Jackyl too and the head of the stool that Jesse James cut up came inches from hitting their drummer in the head.

I saw the guy next to me get hit hard in the face by a shoe when I saw the Scorpions. He didn't seem to be bothered by it though.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

1)Yes.
2)I did have my belly button pierced, but I let that close up years ago.
3)Yup - two.
4)I have long hair now.
5)Nope. But my hubby shaves his head, does that count?
6)Yup - and probably for the reason you're thinking.
7)Nope. Once at a hockey game I caught a shirt with my face. That's about it.
8)Nope.
9)Nope.
10)Nope.

Reunion: Ahh, tough question. I'm not the big metal head a lot of you guys are. But, if I had to pick any band, I'd say The Police. If I had to pick a metal-esque band, I'd say White Zombie.

10:45 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

1) 1
2) no
3) Yes 4
4) yes
5) Yes, For the past 2 years
6) yes
7) Yes, Kiss, Metallica, Great White
8) No
9) no
10) no

Rainbow sounds like a good choice to me.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Way to go with your milestone. That's a big accomplishment here in the blogosphere.

1.Ears not pierced
2. No tatoos, but I do have a birthmark on my inner left knee that resembles the Flinstones' car.
3. No tatoos
4. I have had long hair a couple times. As a teacher, I grew it out - one length, but wore in a pony tail. I was also competing in karate, so it was a great look.
5. Head never shaved
6. Never thrown up at a concert
7. Never got a pick or drumstick
8. I had a Winger single tape
9. I used to have a Stryper tape also
10. Yup, I used to have a Warrant tape as well.

I'd like to see Van Halen with both David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar up there sharing the spotlight. I know Sammy talks big, but Roth has got some skills.

2:11 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Ahhh, The Police. Well done, Curare--I hadn't considered that. I'll put that #2 after Real Genesis.

-- david

4:43 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

A question for the crowd -- and I apologize if this has been addressed and I've missed it -- has anyone bought Operation: Mindcrime II yet? Is it worth it for me to buy it??

Thanks!

-- david

4:46 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

David-I have not heard it, but Bruce commented on it on his most recent post.

8:27 PM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

David- it doesn't measure up to the first one, but it's worth getting, IMO. Once you get by the overture, it moves along at a pretty good pace.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Strutter71 said...

While we're on the subject, did anybody notice that Operation: Mindcrime II had a FANTASTIC debut on the charts...#14, I think.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

David - I bought O:M II the day it came out. I posted about it on my blog. In short, I like it, but it doesn't come close to the original.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home