Saturday, April 29, 2006

What's coming up?

It has been a while since I have done a theme week here at my blog, but next week it will be Iron Maiden week. I have never done a theme week dedicated to a single band before, but I will give it a go and see what happens. I do have topics picked out and have started a few of them, but I am not sure of the order. So here are the topics that I hope to write about during the upcoming week.

*My 20 year album review for May will be Iron Maiden's Somewhere in time. I will be writing this one like all of the other 20 year old album reviews that I do once a month. This means I break it down by each song and see if the album still holds up.

*Album reviews for Iron Maiden's Killers and Brave new world.

*My top twenty favorite Maiden songs.

*Something about Iron Maiden's role and importance in the heavy metal scene.

*Plus one other topic that I have yet to determine. This one will likely be brief as several of the others will be longer posts.

In case you were counting that makes six topics which means I will be taking a day off one day during the week. I think I will have to do this to assure that I get all of these written this week.

If you like Maiden then stick around if not then stick around anyhow or come back the next week. I am sure that I will be right back to my normal nonsense in no time at all.

3 Comments:

Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Iron Maiden set many standards. Looks like it will be a good week.

6:15 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

For your undecided post, I would love to hear your thoughts on what groups today are most like Iron Maiden was in their heyday. I'm not as into the current metal scene as I am into 80s metal/hard rock, so it would be good to learn from your expertise on the "successors" to classic Maiden.

-- david

6:16 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

David- Actually I had already decided to a Maiden favorites as my sixth post. I do like your idea and may add it into the importance of Maiden topic.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home