Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm back

I have returned from my trip. Thanks to the three guest posters for giving their time to write posts for my blog. One of the great things about music is getting to hear the opinions of others. No two people get the same thing out of music and oftentimes we learn so much about music just from sharing and listening to the opinions of others. Also thanks to my friend Bob for going into the machine and posting for me while I was away. I packed up my black AC/DC and Iron Maiden shirts then piled all the strollers, diaper bags and other equipment we need to keep up with a baby and a toddler into the Metalmobile and we were off on our trip. This is the first vacation we have had since we have had kids. I tell you we had more stuff for a two day trip now then my wife and I had for our last trip when it was just two of us going away for a week. We went to the Strasburg Railroad , the Choo Choo Barn , Bird in hand farmers market (make jokes about the name if you must) and the Rockvale Square outlets . Metalgirl is a big train fan so that's why went where we did and she loved riding the train at the Strasburg railroad. We are considering going back in say mid to late September for a few days to do some things we didn't get to do this time. My wife was telling me about a motel near Strasburg where the rooms are old train cars that have been converted into rooms. So when you stay there you get your own train car to stay in. I am interested in that for sure and my daughter would probably love it. If you have any desire to write as a guest blogger then just leave me a comment saying so. Like I said I may go away for a few days next month and may need someone to write then.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We took our daughter to the railroad. We happened to go during a time when they were having this Thomas the Train engine fair. We didn't even know that our daughter knew who Thomas was until we got there and she started yelling, "Thomas! Thomas!"

5:47 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Fred-My daughter is a big Thomas fan. I blew more money than I probably should have at the Thomas shop we went to.

6:03 AM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Welcome back! Your guest bloggers were amazing.

-- david

9:00 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Welcome back from vacation. I'm glad you, the wife, MB & MG had fun.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Steve- Thanks for the offer. I should know fairly soon if we are going away in September or not.

Dave-They sure were. Three different topics and I feel like I learned different things from each of them.

Mike-Thanks. It was too short, but we started slow since it was our kids' first vacation. It was also good to take it slow because the heat was pretty bad here.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

yeah, welcome back...you can certainly ask me anytime, man...as much I'm nutso on my end, I'm not so busy for friends

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home