Friday, October 27, 2006

Top ten Scooby Doo episodes

I have been doing a few non-music related topics lately, but Halloween only comes once a year. My love of horror might very well have begun with watching this cartoon when I was kid. Now I watch it with my kids. Here are my top ten favorite Scooby Doo episodes and brief descriptions of each.

10-The ghost of the bad humor man-The gang runs into the strawberry, chocolate and vanilla phantoms at an ice cream factory.

9- That's snow ghost- A snow ghost who flies through the air causes problems for the gang.

8- Which witch is witch-A witch living in a swamp appears to turn people into zombies and is using voodoo dolls.

7-The spirits of '76-Something is going on in a national museum in Washington DC. Are the ghosts of three famous traitors behind it?

6- Scooby's night with a frozen fright-Has an ancient cavemen really come to life?

5-The headless horseman of Halloween-The headless horseman is looking for a head and the gang are caught in the middle.

4-Go away, Ghost ship- Can Redbeard the pirate really be responsible for the recent disappearances of several ships?

3- Jeepers, it's the creeper- A monster known as the creeper appears to be robbing banks.

2- Spooky space kook-An abandoned airfield, a space ship and a monstrous visitor from space all add up to a strange mystery.

1-The Backstage rage-The gang suspect some counterfeiting and the clues lead to an old theater and some puppets that seem alive.

13 Comments:

Blogger David Amulet said...

I think I remember the headless horseman episode ... the rest fo them all run together in my memories.

-- david

5:23 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

This post was totally unexpected. It cracked me up when I saw the title.

I'm with David. I specifically remember the Headless Horseman episode too.

6:53 AM  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I clearly remember #2, & #8.

Loved Scooby Doo and watched it religiously. But I hate Scrappy!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

....and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you pesky kids....

7:48 AM  
Blogger DPTH International said...

I don't remember alot of the classic Scooby's but I do remember the one with some sort of ghost/monster who was trying to scare people away so they could get money or treasure, but then got foiled by the gang who discovers it wasn't really a monster, but a guy dressed up. I loved that episode! ... cough, cough, anywho whadya think of the recent movies? I didn't mind them to much, but it definitely doesn't compare to the cartoon.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

David- The first few seasons are on dvd and worth the money.

Mike-I had this topic planned for a while.

Onmywatch-Scrappy killed the show.

Curare Z-It was such a great cartoon.

DPTH-I liked the movies well enough.

Ben-A cartoon about four teenagers and a dog who go solve mysteries.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

what, you missed the episode where they're after the specter wearing the exact same Gene Simmons makeup!

I always loved the deep sea diver ghost from the first season...that grunt was the first time of many thereafter you heard it

and hey, their tag team with Batman and Robin and The Three Stooges, gotta love it...Sonny and Cher, Don Knotts....classic!

I too loathed Scrappy.

Mark, did you know there's a new Scooby Doo series on Saturday mornings called Scooby Doo Get a Clue? I saw it once, kinda average, the art was too abstract for my liking

11:13 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Ray-I have seen some of the new cartoons and they are decent. Far better than most of the Scooby stuff that has been since 1978 (when Scrappy was introduced). I really liked Scooby Doo on Zombie Island from 1998 and The witches ghost from 1999. They were both really good. Most of the movies since then have just been fair.

5:19 AM  
Blogger Bobs B & B said...

I used to pray for an episode when Scrappy would catch rabies or get hit by a bus.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, you must watch a lot of Scooby Doo, lol. I couldn't even remember one episode. My daughter hasn't graduated to Scooby yet.

5:31 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

What no episodes with the Harlem Globetrotters? I am shocked.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Bea said...

Omg the globe trotters one was amazing! The newest seris mystery incorporated is actually pretty good too :) but nothing beats the classics

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Titania said...

I wish Scrappy's name would just turn into "Crappy". That way it would suit him.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home