Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Number 16

My top 25 hard rock/metal guitarist countdown continues with number 16. We have...



Photobucket

Andy LaRocque

Often overlooked LaRocque has been the heart of King Diamond's music. He easily goes back and forth between solid rhythms and elaborate solos. His style has added the rich textures to King Diamond's albums. He has played with other projects including playing on Death's fantastic "Individual Thought Patterns".

***Number 15 will be coming next week.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger bob_vinyl said...

You mean you can get past King Diamond's voice and actually pay attention to the guitar work?

Seriously, I never cared for King Diamond, so I just don't know this guy well enough to comment. I will say that I'm glad to see a surprise like this though.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I have always loved King Diamond's music. LaRocque has just always been a solid player who knows the right balance between rhythms and solos.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

andy is one of the most underrated guitarists in metal...and a helluva nice guy.

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Woody said...

I've always wanted to hear King D tackle "Delilah" by Tom Jones. That would be mint!

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home