Monday, December 20, 2010

Top 25 Metal Releases Of 2010

2010 was a great year to be a heavy metal fan. From black metal to hard rock we were flooded with one great release after another. Accept released a masterpiece despite UDO leaving the band. Forbidden returned with a new album after many years away from the scene. And Slash stepped out of the shadow of Axl Rose with a star- studded s/t affair. Both Mark and I had a hard time narrowing it down to only 25 albums but we did. My list is in no particular order. Enjoy.



1) Accept-Blood Of the Nations

2)Motorhead-The World Is Yours

3)Overkill-Ironbound

4)Forbidden-Omega Wave

5)Witchery-Witchkrieg

6) Jeff Scott Soto-Live At Firefest 2008



7)White Wizard-Over The Top



8)Armored Saint-La Raza



9)Tank-War Machine



10)Early Man-Death Potion



11)Heathen-The Evolution Of Chaos



12)Saint-Hellblade



13)Iron Maiden-The Final Frontier



14)Place Of Skulls-As A Dog Returns



15)Slash-Slash



16)Mass-Fighter (unreleased album from 82 released this year)



17)Sodom-War In Pieces



18)Nevermore-The Obsidian Conspiracy



19)Exodus-Exhibit B: The Human Condition



20)Helstar-Glory Of Chaos



21)Dawnbringer-Nucleus



22)Enforcer-Diamonds



23)Striker-Eyes In the Night



24)Halford-Made Of Metal



25)Annihilator-Annihilator

6 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

I am with you on some of them and some I have not heard. I could not get into the lates from Pile of skulls or Forbidden although I tried. I liked Early Man's new one, but other retro-metal bands like Enforcer and Gallows End really click with me, but Early Man just don't do quite enough to bring much of their own sound to the mix. Still good though. I hope to have my list out later this week.

1:08 PM  
Blogger The Klepto said...

Most of these I haven't listened too, but I agree that Accept, Place of Bones and Annihilator all released some great works of art this year

1:22 PM  
Blogger Heff said...

I heard that ACCEPT's new effort was good. I'm gonna have to check that one out.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Infestation?!?! or Sting In the Tail?!?!?! All of these (most of them) are really good albums from this year, I still need to pick up all of them, I am asking for Infestation, StingIn the Tail, Final Frontier, Dio at Donington, and 30 Years of HEaven and Hell for Christmas, I will most likely pick up Blood of the Nations and Ironbound later, I thought that Slash's s/t album sucked, I wouldnt' put that on the list. Oh well, this is just an opinion from one person.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Maundering mutterer said...

Accept? Good Lord! Haven't seen or heard of them since 'Metal Heart' way back when! Must try and track this down... Wonders off singing 'Wrong is Right'

12:21 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

I found Sting In the Tail to be tame. Other than "Raised On Rock" it sounded like every other Scorpions release in the past 10 years. I love Ratt (their first two albums are some of the best hard rock/metal ever) but could not get into their new disc. Sorry. As far as Slash goes I have always enjoyed his guitar playing and thought the s/t disc was a great slab of hard rock.

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home