Tuesday, February 28, 2012

One sixth of the way

So we are almost one sixth of the way through 2012. Not a huge chunck, but it does seem just like yesterday that the Christmas tree was up and now here we are not from from Spring. Last year was a very good year for music, just a lot of solid albums from numerous sub-genres. Now I am not one to look ahead at what music coming out. Seriously even though I review a lot of new material I rarely check ahead for release dates. Instead I just take what comes down the pike and plan on being surprised. So far 2012 has been a good year for music I think although it's been just weeks. I am just going to through out a few basic categories and pick for 2012 so far. Here you go.
Most overhyped album that wasn't worth it-COC-s/t-Oh so boring
Most overhyped album that was decent-Surprisingly Van Halen's A different kind of truth
Most surprising album (in a good way) Sunstorm-Emotional Fire-An AOR album made up of 80's leftovers? Doesn't sound like a good idea, but with Joe Lynn Turner belting it out it sounds like gold.
Album I have yet to hear to hear but want to-UFO-Seven deadly
Best album so far that I need to finish listening to-Sigh's In Somniphobia
Overall best so far-easily Black Breath-Sentenced to life
***What albums have you heard in 2012 that you like so far??

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger non de guerre said...

Mark, they say the older you get, the faster time seems to pass. I concur.

From what I've heard so far, I really like Ministry's Relapse, of course.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home